In order to receive services at an emergency or day shelter, clients need an HMIS Scan Card.
HMIS Scan Cards are created by TCHC staff at the following times:
|Day Resource Center for the Homeless
1415 E. Lancaster Ave.
|Tuesday & Thursday
9:00 am – 11:45 am
|The Salvation Army – Mabee Center
1815 E. Lancaster Ave.
|Monday, Wednesday, Friday
9:00 am – 1:00 pm
|Presbyterian Night Shelter
|Monday – Friday
2:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday
4:30 pm – 6:00 pm
*Wednesdays prior to TB Screening weeks, Scan cards will be made only 4-7 pm
|First Street Methodist Mission||Wednesday prior to TB Screening Week
2:30 pm – 3:30 pm *this time is designated for unsheltered clients only
For additional information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
STEPS TO TB SCREENING AND HMIS ID SCAN CARD ISSUANCE
- New homeless or clients with expiring permanent (white) scan cards must acquire an HMIS ID Scan Card in order to receive services at the emergency shelters.
- Clients will be interviewed to create or update their HMIS Client Record. They will receive a yellow temporary scan card with an expiration date sufficient to attend the next two TB Screenings.
- Clients will be instructed to go to the Day Resource Center on the Monday of TB Screening week at 10 AM to receive a TB Screening Appointment Card. Clients must have a TB Testing Appointment Card before going to the Health Department.
- TB Screening and chest X-Rays will be conducted at the Tarrant County Public Health Building at 1101 S. Main Street (corner of Rosedale and S. Main). Screenings will occur twice a month generally on the first and third Mondays and Tuesdays of the month.
- TB Skin Test Reads will be held at PNS main campus on Thursdays 10:00 am – 12:00 pm of screening week. TCHC Staff will make the cleared clients a permanent white HMIS ID scan card immediately following the skin test read at PNS.